The idea that I decided to pitch for the poster presentation ended up being DIY Trove. I thought it would be interesting to explore the relationship between online content and something tangible. I also knew that there was a significant amount of content that could be found using the digitised newspapers and pictures, objects and photos sections of the site, which might make any implementation of this idea in the future a bit smoother.
The poster ended up being two pages, with the first providing an overview of the concept, and the second page outlining the steps a user might go through interacting with such a system.
A lot of the graphic design referenced magazines like Frankie, which emphasise craft and diy. I'm not a graphic designer, so I always tend to just mimic other websites colour palettes and styles to mock up something that looks presentable. Many of the icons and vector images used were from the Noun Project.
The following is just a picture of a sketch that I did to work out how I was going to layout and present the poster.



No comments:
Post a Comment